Water Fluoridation - "Public Murder on a Grand Scale" by Dr. Dean Burk, Former Head of the National Cancer Institute, Cytochemistry Sector
- Fluoridation-Linked Human Cancer Based on Time-Trend Mortality Data by Dr. Dean Burk, United States National Cancer Institute, Retired, and Dr. John Yiamouyiannis, National Health Federation [over 75,000 deaths per year in the United States from fluoride-induced cancer alone, based on CDC estimated fluoridated population of 210 million People]
- National Archives - Statistical Information about Fatal Casualties of the Vietnam War [58,220 U.S. military fatal casualties of the Vietnam War]
- Cancer treatment is about making money... - provoking thoughts [It is a 120 billion dollar a year industry in the United States alone...]
- Certificate of Analysis shows arsenic in hydrofluosilicic acid that is used to fluoridate public drinking water - a violation of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Arsenic and inorganic arsenic compounds are classified as human carcinogens by the International Agency for Research on Cancer
- International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology - Age-Specific Fluoride Exposure in Drinking Water and Osteosarcoma (United States)
- Researchgate - "Fluoride Causes Heart Disease, Stroke and Sudden Death"
- Fluoridation Chemical Company [Mosaic] Fined $2 Billion
- Tampa Bay Times, September 16, 2016 - "Mosaic plant sinkhole dumps 215 million gallons of reprocessed water into Floridan Aquifer (w/video)"
- Mandatory Fluoridation in the U.S.
- Deal to National Governors' Association - Fluoridation Is Illegal
- Citizen Petition to FDA Regarding Fluoride Drops, Tablets, and Lozenges
- Letter to Walgreens Regarding Sale of Fluoride Drugs Not Approved by the FDA
- Newsweek Magazine, June 29, 2015 - "Fluoridation May Not Prevent Cavities, Scientific Review Shows"
- The Guardian, December 25, 2015 - Adding Fluoride to Water Supply May Have No Benefit, Say Experts
- Former Mayor of Atlanta Andrew Young - October 6, 2016 Letter on Fluoridation
- Environmental Activist Erin Brockovich - April 27, 2015 Letter on Fluoridation
- Former Mayor of Atlanta Andrew Young - March 29, 2011 Letter on Fluoridation
- Fluoridegate - An American Tragedy
- EPA - Public Health Service Drinking Water Standards 1962, Page 8, Section 5.23 Fluoride (PDF Page 18) [Standard based on naturally occurring fluoride]
- Sodium Fluoride Is Over 80 Times More Toxic than Naturally Occurring Calcium Fluoride
- Calcium Fluoride [CaF2 - CAS# 7789-75-5] MSDS (is often found naturally in water, but has never been used to artificially fluoridate public water)
- Sodium Fluoride [NaF - CAS# 7681-49-4] MSDS (is typically found in toothpaste and is used in about 10% of water fluoridation plants in the united States)
- MSDS for Fluorosilicic Acid - Section 2: Hazards Identification - Potential Health Effects
- NeuroToxicology 28 (2007) 1023-1031 - Effects of fluoridation and disinfection agent combinations on lead leaching from leaded-brass parts
- NeuroToxicology 28 (2007) 1032-1042 - Confirmation of and explanations for elevated blood lead and other disorders in children exposed to water disinfection and fluoridation chemicals
- Dartmouth University Study Links Fluoridation with High Lead Levels in Children
- National Public Radio - "Lead Levels below EPA Limits Can Still Impact Your Health"
- Fluoride, 2005 - "Water Fluoridation and Crime in America"
- Fluoride, 2005 - "A Moratorium on Silicofluoride Usage Will Save $$Millions"
- America's Top Prison Corporation: A Study in Predatory Capitalism and Cronyism
- The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson (2004)
- Public Health Service lowers recommended water fluoridation level from 0.7-1.2 mg/L to 0.7 mg/L (2015)
- Federal Register - United States National Toxicology Program Proposes Landmark Fluoride/Brain Study
- Aluminum + Fluoride = Alzheimer's and Dimentia
- Fluoride Toxicity Compared to Lead and Arsenic
- Fluorides, Water Fluoridation, Cancer and Genetic Diseases
- NIH - Fluoride Overdose
- Fluoride - A Modern Toxic Waste
- Israel Bans Water Fluoridation
- The “Hanukkah Miracle"
- Lawsuit Against Fluoride in Canada
- EPA - Citizens Petition in re: Use of Hydrofluosilicic Acid [H2SiF6 - CAS# 16961-83-4] in Drinking Water Systems of the United States
- GPO - Definition of "Drug" - USCODE 2010, TITLE 21, CHAPTER 9, SUBCHAPTER II DEFINITIONS, SECTION 321, PAGE 32, Paragraph (g)(1)
- Fluoride - Nutrient or Drug?
- NIH - This Drug [Sodium Fluoride] Has Not Been Found by FDA To Be Safe and Effective
- ADA - "Dietary Fluoride Supplements" Are Available Only by Prescription
- Fluoride Is not an Essential Nutrient
- What Is the Unauthorized Practice of Medicine?
- What Is Medical Malpractice? Lack of Informed Consent
- WHO - Fluoride in Drinking-Water (persons with renal impairment, pp. 6-7)
- EPA Whistleblower Dr. William Marcus
- Why EPA Headquarters Union of Scientists Opposes Fluoridation
- Dr. J. William Hirzy Senate Statement on Public Water Fluoridation
- 2005 Letter to Congress RE: Bone Cancer-Fluoridation Cover-Up
- 2005 Letter to EPA Administrator RE: Bone Cancer-Fluoride Link
- The EPA, Scientific Integrity and Fluoridation: A Front Row Seat
- Fluoride & IQ: The 49 Studies
- Harvard Study: Fluoride Lowers Childrens' Intelligence by 7 IQ Points
- NIH - Relationship Between Dental Fluorosis and Intelligence Quotient of School Going Children In and Around Lucknow District: A Cross-Sectional Study
- The Lancet Neurology - Neurobehavioural Effects of Developmental Toxicity
- International Society for Fluoride Research - Effect of Fluoride in Drinking Water on Children's Intelligence
- National Academy of Sciences - Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards (2006)
- Exposure to Fluoridated Water and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Prevalence among Children and Adolescents in the United States: An Ecological Association
- Blood Lead of Children in Wamiao-Xinhuai Intelligence Study
- NIH - The Role of Skin Absorption as a Route of Exposure for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in Drinking Water
- Skeletal Fluorosis from a Daily One-Minute Shower?
- Kyle's Story: Showers that Hurt
- CDC - Infant Formula and Fluorosis
- Bottled Water Sales: The Shocking Reality [Average U.S. consumption in 1976 - less than 2 gallons/person/year; 2012 - 30.8 gallons/person/year]
- Fluoride Is in Your Drugs and Water - Enormous Effects
- SSRI Stories - Antidepressant Nightmares
- Military Suicide Surpassed War as the Military's Leading Cause of Death
- NIH - Oral Manifestations of Thyroid Disorders and Its Management
Dental Management of Hyperthyroidism -
"Fluoride was used as a drug to treat hyperthyroidism because it reduces thyroid activity quite effectively. This is due to the ability of fluoride to mimic the action of thyrotropin (TSH). Excess fluoride correlates with the other thyroid-related issues such as iodine deficiency. Fluorine and iodine, both being members of the halogen group of atoms, have an antagonistic relationship. When there is excess of fluoride in the body it can interfere with the function of the thyroid gland. Thus, fluoride has been linked to thyroid problems."
- WebMD, May 8, 2015 - The 10 Most-Prescribed and Top-Selling Medications ["The thyroid drug Synthroid continues to be the nation's most-prescribed medication.... Synthroid (levothyroxine), which treats hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid disease, has been the top-prescribed medicine for several years."]
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine - A Letter to the American Thyroid Association Re: Fluoride Science
- Iodine Deficiency - An Old Epidemic Is Back
- NIH, June 21, 2000 - Use of Iodine for Water Disinfection: Iodine Toxicity and Maximum Recommended Dose
- Extremely Important: Fluoride Treatment - 5 Ways to Detox Fluoride
- The Effect of Fluoride on the Physiology of the Pineal Gland
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Public Health Service Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry - Health Effects (Fluorides)
- Why the Fluoride Supplement Chart?
- Heavy Soda-Drinking Linked to Weight Gain, Cavities in Young Children
- CDC - Community Water Fluoridation - Dental Fluorosis
- CDC - Prevalence and Severity of Dental Fluorosis in the United States
- Tooth Decay in Fluoridated versus Non-Fluoridated Countries
- Mayo Clinic - Dental cavities are not caused by a lack of fluoride
- Open Heart (BMJ) - Processed sugars cause more than just dental cavities
- Fluoridation: A Horror Story
- The Hazards of Water Fluoridation
- Fluoridation: The Great Dilemma by Dr. George L. Waldbott
- Fluoride FOIA Revealing
- Do Newly Released Emails Reveal Conflict of Interest Between the CDC and the ADA?
- ADA News - Resolution OKs Social Media Campaign for Fluoridation
- Highlights in North American Litigation during the Twentieth Century on Artificial Fluoridation of Public Water Supplies
- Fluoride Class Action - Notice of Legal Liability for Water Fluoridation
- Stop Adding Toxic Waste to Our Water
- Fluoride Action Network - Processed Food Causes Fluorosis: Study
- New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation
- Corruption Exposed - Affidavits Delivered to Governor 12/18/2015
- Hydrofluorosilicic Acid [H2SiF6 - CAS#16961-83-4] MSDS (including its derivative sodium salt, is used in about 90% of water fluoridation plants in the united States)
- Silicofluorides Are an Even Greater Human Health Hazard than Sodium Fluoride
- NIH - Sodium Hexafluorosilicate and Fluorosilicic Acid: Review of Toxicological Literature
- CDC - International Safety Data Card for Fluorosilicic Acid [H2SiF6 - CAS# 16961-83-4]
- EPA - 2012 Edition of the Drinking Water Standards and Health Advisories [Page 8]
- National Academy of Sciences - Fluoride in Drinking Water - A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards [Preface, Paragraph 1]
- USDA - Dietary Reference Intakes: Electrolytes and Water [Page 4]
- EPA - 2013 Edition of the Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings [Page 84-86]
- CDC - My Water's Fluoride
- A Public Health Legal Guide to Safe Drinking Water
- Sample Water Quality Report
- Fluoride Study Tracker
- The Fluoride Debate
- A Critique of Recent Economic Evaluations of Community Water Fluoridation
- Fifty Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation
- Additional Fluoride Articles and Videos
- Weston A. Price versus Gerald J. Cox - Nutrition, Fluoridation and Dental Health
- On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor: A Sixty-Two-Year-Old Mystery Finally Solved - Vitamin K2 and Dental Health
- Sugar industry researchers called for more fluoridated water
- Sugar Crash - Documentary about Sugar and Disease (2016) [video]
- The Truth About Sugar Addiction
- Business Insider - 25 Terrible Things That Happen If You Eat Too Much Sugar
- Bottled Water Sales: The Shocking Reality
a) Mandated water fluoridation violates our unalienable Right of Life, given to all People by our Creator. Even medical doctors do not have the authority to force the People at large to consume any substance without our individual consent, especially with absolutely no consideration of nor control over dosage levels and frequencies, pre-existing individual health issues, etc. Any attempt to do so could result in a class action lawsuit for medical malpractice.
b) The only benefit claimed by water fluoridation proponents is the reduction of dental cavities
in children. No one has any authority to force other People to consume anything which offers no possibility of any benefit whatsoever, but which could result in a substantial amount of physical harm. One obvious example of this is People who have dentures.
c) "What accounts for most of the fluoride intake?
In the United States, water and processed beverages (e.g., soft drinks and fruit juices) can provide approximately 75% of a person's fluoride intake. Inadvertent swallowing of toothpaste and inappropriate use of other dental products containing fluoride can result in greater intake than desired. For this reason the CDC recommends parents supervise the use of fluoride toothpaste by children under the age of 6 to encourage them to spit out excess toothpaste. Also avoid the use of fluoride mouth rinses in children who are younger than 6 years old because the mouth rinse could be repeatedly swallowed."
d) "Will using only low fluoride water to mix formula eliminate my child's risk for dental fluorosis?
Using only water with low fluoride levels to mix formula will reduce, but will not eliminate, the risk for dental fluorosis. Children can take in fluoride from other sources during the time that teeth are developing (birth through age 8). These sources include drinking water, foods and beverages processed with fluoridated water, and dental products, such as fluoride toothpaste, that can be swallowed by young children whose swallowing reflex is not fully developed."
e) It has been common knowledge for decades that a major underlying cause of dental cavities is the excessive consumption of processed foods, especially sugars. The logical approach to the prevention of dental cavities is to avoid the "foods" that cause the problem. One obvious example of a first step would be to ban junk "foods" and sweetened drinks in school system vending machines. Nutritional approaches, similar to that proposed by Dr. Weston A. Price, should also be considered. Either or both of these options could dramatically improve general health as well as dental health.
f) Ending water fluoridation is a local decision which saves state and local tax revenues and resources.
g) In those cities and counties where fluorosilicic acid is the fluoridation agent, it should be noted that the EPA has never approved this material to fluoridate water. Refer to page 8 of the "2012 Edition of the Drinking Water Standards and Health Advisories" where the CAS# 7681-49-4 for the fluoride compound is for sodium fluoride, NOT fluorosilicic acid (CAS# 16961-83-4). This is a blatant violation of EPA Standards.
h) Under the section titled "Spillage Disposal" on the "International Chemical Safety Card for fluorosilicic acid" published by the CDC is the instruction "Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment." Since over 99% of the fluoridated water supply is not consumed as drinking water, but rather is discharged into the environment, the use of fluorosilicic acid for water fluoridation is also a direct violation of this CDC directive.
Discover the fructose content of common foods, beverages, sauces, and even sugar substitutes in our infographic "Fructose Overload." Visit our infographic page for the high-res version.